Golden Globe Sparkles

OK, we have all "ooh-ed" and  "aahh-ed" over the Golden Globe
dresses. What about the sparkles ;-)



The lovely Jessica Alba with a "Miss Winston" necklace
from the King of jewels-Harry Winston.




Amy Adams went for a pair of Tiffany pendant earrings
to accentuate her blush pink Marchesa gown





I wasn't that keen on Jennifer Garner's Vivienne Westwood
dress, but I loved her David Webb earrings




Julianne Moore accessorised her monochrome Tom Ford
gown with yellow gold + diamond chandelier
Bulgari earrings





Kerry Washington matched the beading on her
Mui Mui dress with Chophard diamonds set into a 
ring and a timepiece





Michelle Dockery wore my favorite dress of the event which she
accessorised with rose gold Bulgari emeralds +
diamonds




I didn't really like Rachel Weisz's dress, but loved her
'Serpenti' bracelet. The husband's not bad either ;-)




Salma Hayek wore a while gold + diamond Iréne
bracelet by Boucheron to accessorize her
strapless Gucci dress





My winner (OK, she wasn't at the GG but
should have been ;-)



How beautiful is she?

Who was your fav at the GG's?






Note: All images courtesy of Vogue, France (online)


p.p.s the lovely Alexandra Howells (Ireland)
won our subscribers December  draw
Sara Ferreras (from Spain) was picked for the November draw 
(awaiting photos from both)
So don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter 
(top right of this page) and be entered into January's draw 

25 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa, I love watching the award shows just to see the fashion. I agree, I disliked Rachel Weisz's dress too. I think the dress would have been better without that shear bottom part. I though Jodi Foster looked very classy. There were so many pretty dress and so many ugly ones. LOL Some of them I wouldn't wear if they were free.
    Dee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen the jewellery pics close up - wow, these sparkly diamonds are ridiculously amazing, love the necklace on Jessica Alba and Julianne's earrings. The dog is too too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Sam. Yes, some of the pieces they get lent are incredible x

      Delete
  3. Love Jessica Alba's serious neck bling, it really stood out! Love the pup! What a cutie!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices in the photos you shared!! But you now the furbaby won my vote!!! Absolutely precious.. hugs and blessings..xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia. Yes, he was my winner too, just for sheer cuteness x

      Delete
  5. I didn't get to see the GG this year, but I do love Jennifer Garner's earrings. Beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Tiffany earrings. I liked Helen Mirren's dress the most this year. But that cute little pup is unbeatable! Have a lovely weekend, Vanessa.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY SK. I didn't actually see Helen Mirren's dress. Will have to look that up x

      Delete
  7. Lovely selection here, Vanessa...I think Michelle Dockery looked fabulous!
    Thank you for popping by this week and leaving such a lovely comment on my new blog design.
    Have a wonderful snowy weekend.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you Catherine I thought Michelle Dockery looked fab. Also read she paid about $25,000 for her team of stylists for this ceremony. But I think it really paid off. He dress was gorgeous; Vera Wang I think x

      Delete
  8. I think Jessica alba was stunning she just oozes good health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. She oozes good health and "normality" also. Some celebs are so affected, but I never get that impression from her x

      Delete
  9. Hahahaha I so love your winner!!!! Jennifer Garner and Jessica Alba were my second and third choices :) Have a wonderful weekend, Vanessa! Is it snowy there? xoxo ~S

    SANDY M Illustration
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy. Who was your first choice?
      Yes, snowed in her and loving it :-)

      Delete
  10. I thought everyone looked really wonderful this year I really did not see too many disasters to be honest I think you picked many of the great ones and I just love the cast from Downton Abbey. Very classy ladies!

    Rosemary
    NYC Style and a little Cannoli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I thought the same-not too many disasters at all. Let's see what happens at the Oscars ;-)
    TYSM for popping by Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all wearing the most exquisite jewels! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog! We love finding new blogs too!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!